Calling for extra camellia blooms to add to the colour of the weekend!
Do you have camellias in your garden? We can put them to good use...
To add colour and brighten the show precinct we are seeking many extra camellias, and a variety foliage, for the Joan Falvey Camellia Hall displays and to decorate the general show area. If you can assist, the following information will provide a guide on supplying whatever you can spare.
- Blooms can be picked the day before or early Friday morning. To keep them fresh as long as possible, place the blooms in a single layer on damp newspaper in a box and keep in a cool place. Handle blooms one at a time to avoid bruising.
- For the best results, it is best to pick slightly immature blooms for best lasting effect and we can use buds and semi-open blooms.
- We can put all blooms and foliage to good use, so please don’t despair if there are a few small blemishes on either.
- A variety of greenery and foliage is suitable for both arrangements and outdoor displays. If possible, greenery is most usable at a length of around 10cm to 25cm (4” to 10”), but whatever you can supply will be most welcome.
- It is going to be a busy time for us all so if you are able to deliver your donation; it can be brought directly to TAFE quadrangle on Friday morning preferably.
We thank you in advance for your generosity - Toowoomba Camellia Show committee.